After breakfast, we will have a day trip to Pergamum. A step back in ancient times today with a visit to hiltop ruins of Pergamum which once boasted library of the ancient World which once held 200,000 scrolls. The Asclepion and Acropolis of Pergamum are world famous. Pergamum is where parchment was first invented. It boasted the contents of a fabulous library, given by Anthony to Cleopatra and later lost in a fire at Alexandria. The Temple of Zeus was another ancient marvel although much of it is now in a specially constructed museum in Berlin. The Asclepion was the center of healing an done of its great doctors was Gelen(120-190AD). We will also explore one of the famous colorful weekly food markets of Bergama, the modern name of Pergamum.
*Prices are per person in 2 participants*Book Now
One of our friendly experts will contact you in a blink!
– Air conditioned luxury minivan with driver on tours
– Professional guiding on tours
– Lunches on tours
– All admission fees to the museums and sights
– International flight tickets
– Drinks during the lunches
– Not mandatory but customary tips